Business Gas Safety Certification

Staying Gas Safe

Call us free on 0800 022 3232

Do you have your business gas safety certification?

As an employer, you have a legal responsibility to ensure your gas supply and appliances are safe, and to have a certificate or ‘Gas Safety Record’ to prove it.

To obtain your Gas Safety Record, your business premises must be inspected by a Gas Safe registered engineer. 

This needs to be done annually, and the engineer will check gas heating systems, boilers, cookers, fires and any other gas appliances.

If your gas systems and appliances pass, you’ll be given a Gas Safety Record. If they fail, the engineer will tell you what you need to do next. 

Finding a Gas Safe registered engineer

Gas Safe registered engineers are the only people that are legally allowed to work on gas systems and appliances. 

To find a Gas Safe registered engineer near you, visit the Gas Safe Register website.
You can also reach them via 0800 408 5500 or